Swedish Massage Therapy
Massage therapists use long smooth strokes, kneading, and circular movements on superficial layers of muscle using massage lotion or oil.
Swedish massage therapy can be very gentle and relaxing.
If you’ve never had massage before, this is a good one to try first.
Aromatherapy massage is massage therapy with the addition of one or more scented plant oils called essential oils to address specific needs.
The massage therapist can select oils that are relaxing, energizing, stress-reducing, balancing, etc.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage targets the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue.
The massage therapist uses slower strokes or friction techniques across the grain of the muscle.
Deep tissue massage is used for chronically tight or painful muscles, repetitive strain, postural problems, or recovery from injury. People often feel sore for one to two days after deep tissue massage.
Hot Stone Massage
Heated, smooth stones are placed on certain points on the body to warm and loosen tight muscles and balance energy centers in the body.
The massage therapist may also hold stones and apply gentle pressure with them. The warmth is comforting. Hot stone massage is good for people who have muscle tension but prefer lighter massage.
Although reflexology is sometimes called foot massage, it is more than simple foot massage. Reflexology involves applying pressure to certain points on the foot that correspond to organs and systems in the body. Reflexology is very relaxing, especially for people who stand on their feet all day or just have tired, achy feet.
Sports massage is specifically designed for people who are involved in physical activity. But you don’t have to be a professional athlete to have one-it’s also used by people who are active and work out often. The focus isn’t on relaxation but on preventing and treating injury and enhancing athletic performance.
The combination of techniques are used ,here strokes are generally faster than Swedish massage. Facilitated stretching is a common technique. It helps to loosen muscles and increase flexibility.
Advantages of Steam Bath:
- A lot of people know that steam rooms give a lot of benefits and advantages. The most common and obvious reason is to relieve tension buildup and various forms of stress.
- Steam bath will definitely give people a soothing and relaxing effect most especially after a hard day’s work.
- It does not only relax your muscles but most importantly it will keep your emotional mood more stable and happy.
- Various ailments such as arthritis, muscle pains and the like can be relieved because of its warm effect to the body.
- Old people will surely benefit from this since joint pains and other body pains can be relieved.
- It can also help reduce weight for those who are fat and in need of losing fats.
- Steam rooms due to its heat effect make you sweat a lot thus your body will eventually release toxins and other negative energies.
- It will also regulate and stimulate the flow of your blood and make your metabolism works faster.
- It also makes your skin looks fresh, young looking and truly healthy.
- It can give you a lot of self-confidence due to the good effects it will cause to your personal appearance